Spirit

Friday, July 6, 2012

4th of July

July 4th 2012 was spent with one of my favorite people, my 2 month old granddaughter Sofia. A month prior, I purchased our fashion statements for the upcoming festivities; a white tee shirt with the Old Navy American Flag emblem and a matching onesie for my girl. Her mother joined with the same flag emblem on a red tank. We parked near the Trinity River in Fort Worth at about 8pm on the fourth to wait for the fireworks (which is one of my daughter, Brittney's favorite things). It was HOT, but of course the heat was nothing out of the ordinary for Texas, but it was out of the ordinary for Miss Sofia. She was miserable!

Because Brittney loves taking pictures, Sofia was the prime target. As you can see, she was so excited to be the subject matter. It took some time for the fireworks to start but when they did it was great. We happened to be in a spot where we were able to see two different displays. While, Brittney, her husband Juan and I watched the show, Sofia watched the inside of her eyelids! Yes, she was fast asleep!!! It of course will be some time before before we can discuss her "boredom" of an annual family outing, but until then I'll have photographic evidence of my dollbaby.


No comments:

Post a Comment